Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Which of the hose am I supposed to unplugged to replace the thermostat of my car which is a Mitsubishi Galant ?

I have a 2002 mitsubishi galant and wanna change the thermostat so my radiator will be well regulated. There are 2 hoses, 1 on top which is short and the other one at the bottom which is longer. I can locate both but do not wanna unplug the wrong one. If you can help me figure it out. Thanks
Which of the hose am I supposed to unplugged to replace the thermostat of my car which is a Mitsubishi Galant ?
I don't know that particular car, but read on. I've had an awful lot of cars apart. The thermostat will be located where the upper hose connects to the engine block. Take the thermostat out and put it in a pot of water on the stove and boil the water. If the thermostat opens, it's good. It's a good idea to replace all your hoses and belts every few years. The soft parts of cars wear out first. If one hose goes, so will the other one, and also the hoses for the heater. Every time a hose springs a leak, all your antifreeze will leak out, so just replace them all and live happy.
Which of the hose am I supposed to unplugged to replace the thermostat of my car which is a Mitsubishi Galant ?
i've probably had more cars apart than the first guy and have never tested a thermostat. if you got the thing out.....PUT A NEW ONE IN!!!!



But yes, follow the top hose to the engine block. the thermostat should be there. if you have any doubt, seek professional help. or go semi-professional and go to autozone. surely they have someone halfway intelligent in there.