Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Car is losing coolant from the transaxle coolant hose?

I have a 97 Honda civic. I am current having issues with coolant loss causing my car to run hot. It seems to be coming out of one of the transaxle coolant hose. On top of that my coolant reservoir remains full and seems to be leaking as well. What is going on? I have got a new radiator, and thermostat. There is no coolant in the oil when I change it, but I am noticing a small amount of coolant dripping out of the valve cover.
Car is losing coolant from the transaxle coolant hose?
You have a leak. You've identified where the leak is coming from. Now you're supposed to fix it.

The coolant reservoir recovery system doesn't work when you have a leak because the leak doesn't allow the system to build up pressure or vacuum to move the coolant from the reservoir to the radiator.



On last thing, when you say %26quot;On top of that my coolant reservoir remains full and seems to be leaking as well.%26quot;

It remains full but seems to be leaking sounds contradictory.