Friday, September 23, 2011

Changing the coolant in an eclipse?

i had to replace a hose to my radiator cap, it drained my coolant. what is the proper way to fill it back with fluid? i read my manual it didn't really help any.



car is a 98 eclipse gs non turbo
Changing the coolant in an eclipse?
How old is the coolant in the car? It might be best to pull the bottom hose loose and let it all drain out. Then fill it back up with 50/50 anti-freeze and water. You can buy it premixed at any auto parts store. Some engines have to have the air bled out of the system. Where your upper hose meets the engine, if there is a bleeder screw, loosen it and fill the radiator till coolant comes out of the hole, then put the screw back in. (My wifes Galant has one) Hope this helps.
Changing the coolant in an eclipse?
the way i do it is i start my car, fill the radiator up, wait until the thermostat opens then fill it the rest of the way. then i fill the reservoir between the add and full marks.