Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have a 1995 Honda Accord LX, I'm changing my oil, and, the oil is HOT!!! why is this, is there something....

.....wrong with my car, overheating? I changed my two radiator hoses which used to go flat, and, the new ones do to, what's wrong? I haven't been driving my car a long time before i changed my oil, i only drove like 4 miles.





I don't have enough money to take it to a mechanic right now, i just started college and spent mostly all of my money on it. Please tell me what's wrong!
I have a 1995 Honda Accord LX, I'm changing my oil, and, the oil is HOT!!! why is this, is there something....
Not enough coolant?
I have a 1995 Honda Accord LX, I'm changing my oil, and, the oil is HOT!!! why is this, is there something....
4 miles is enough to heat up the oil. I wont change mine unless the car has been sitting overnight. I've been burned too many times by hot oil.
could be not enough coolant also you could have a air bubble in your coolant line. It only takes an engine like 5 min to get hot so you might have to wait longer to change your oil.
Oil lubricates your engine. It will get real hot quick.

Try changing your thermostat if your temp gage says it is running warm
if the engine has been run for even a few minutes the oil will be hot for a while after it is turned off. keep a rag handy. on the radiater hoses replace the radiater cap. and they will quit sucking shut when the engine cools off.
Nothings wrong ~ Oil gets hot when it cycles through a warmed up, moving engine. Although changing your oil while it's still warm is a good idea because it's thinner and tends to bring out plenty of engine grime with it, you really should let it cool off a little the next time to avoid burning yourself. Hope this helps.
hi man,there is nothing wrong with your car,because all cars do the same thing,and last week i have changed my car's oil and it was hot to,so don't worry you can spend your money on other things.
Oil circulates through the engine then goes to the pan to cool. Then it starts all over again. The pistons in your engine are metal and are always going up and down and rubbing against the cylinder. A great deal of friction results from this so we put oil in our car try to lube it up (less friction=less heat) So now instead of piston rubbing cylinder, there's a continuous supply of oil to help lube and take away some friction. I know that may not make a lot of since, but bottom line, nothing wrong with your car
hose problem, collapsing:



Q: What would make a radiator hose collapse?



A: Radiator hoses commonly have a reinforcing spring inside that helps prevent radiator hoses from collapsing. If this reinforcing spring is faulty or missing, the hose may collapse when there is a vacuum in the cooling system. Another cause could be a faulty radiator cap. A radiator cap works to maintain a constant pressure in the cooling system. As the antifreeze mixture begins to cool after engine shutdown, a vacuum is created. If the pressure cap doesn't equalize this pressure, a radiator hose can collapse. The small vacuum valve in the radiator cap may not be working properly.



Oil temperature problem.



Driving 4 miles is enough to get the oil hot, that is expected behavior and not the indication of a problem
oklatom is 100% right
  • thick hair
  • wavy hair
  •