Tuesday, September 20, 2011

99 Subaru Legacy over heats! changed, thermostat, radiator, waterpump, no head gasket symptoms. what is wrong?

i was driving last week andthe hose that is connected to my radiator from the top snaped off. The part that you connect the hose to the radiator with cracked off. Anti-freeze sprayed ever where and i pulled over. I put a new radiator in and it still would over heat, so i changed the thermostat and it still over heats. The water pump is 7 months old. it wont over heat immediatly it takes driving a few miles. when i idle sitting still it wont over heat. Only when i rev the engine up it starts to over heat. Also my heat comes through the vents cold. I was low on oil ( i added one qt) no white or blue smoke from exhaust, no water in oil, no oil in anti freeze, my fans are running fine. what could cause this?
99 Subaru Legacy over heats! changed, thermostat, radiator, waterpump, no head gasket symptoms. what is wrong?
It sounds like you have a blockage or that the heat transfer surfaces within the block are fouled. I don't know if you have the means but it sounds like you may need to pull the engine so you can get a better look at the heat transfer surfaces and to visually inspect the cooling channels both within the engine block and heater core. As a Scoobie lover, I feel your pain and wish you the best.
99 Subaru Legacy over heats! changed, thermostat, radiator, waterpump, no head gasket symptoms. what is wrong?
sounds like you have air in your cooling system. is there a way to bleed the system? you may also have a blockage somewhere
This is going to sound odd but I went thru the same thing and it was my radiator cap.I spent alot of money I didnt need to because of a $5 part.
  • web hosting servers
  • representative of male teenagers
  •