Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rattle and overheating on an Acura Integra?

I have a 1991 Acura integra it's been overheating quite a bit so I changed the radiator hose. The overheating persists and now the engine rattles uncontrollably. It's not a blown head gasket because there's not white in my oil and there's nothing leaking out of the tail pipe. I think it's something small I just don't know what. It has plenty of oil and coolant and other fluids any ideas?
Rattle and overheating on an Acura Integra?
for such an old vehicle, it might be two issues. One, is your fan running when the engine goes hot? If so, then check the thermostat, might be stuck closed.



As for the rattling, does it occur at all speeds, or at certain speeds, say 3K rpm? Check the cat. convertor head pan, it might have rusted and is rattling underneath.



Good luck.
Rattle and overheating on an Acura Integra?
thermostat might not be opening. is your coolong fan turning on, if is isnt it might be the temp sensor