Thursday, September 15, 2011

No pressure in radiator hose on 99 sunfire??

Please help! I have a 99 Sunfire I bought a year ago. Day after it was picked up the engine blew. The engine and the rad were replaced. Now, 15 months later, the car is overheating. A rad flush and fill were done and the thermostat was changed, but still overheating. A cracked head gasket was found, so the decision was made to change the engine AGAIN. Still overheating. Rad was taken out, flushed and pressure tested, heater core was checked, another new thermostat was put in. I drove it approx. 30 km home, the temperature gauge did not go up, but there is no pressure in the rad hoses. Also, since the engine was changed, the air bag light is on all the time, and the headlight light flashes when they are not on. The mechanic said his diagnostic tool gave him an error code for the air bag that he had no reference to. Any suggestions besides a stick of dynamite?? lol
No pressure in radiator hose on 99 sunfire??
Ya you have air allowing to enter the cooling system,

I own a shop and I would come get it if it were repaired here. you have spent a ton o cash at that place you need to expect them to repair it properly and keep on them if they don't. ask what the code was...I bet he was eatin baloney sanwiches all day. tell them

1. air bags are jacked they were jacked in your shop...fix it..

2. get the cooling system fixed or I will take it somewhere else and you will pay for the labor....
No pressure in radiator hose on 99 sunfire??
I rather change the mechanic,can't handle simples matters.



change an engine because a cracked head? way out of my reasonable and patient mind.



mechanic my whole life.shop owner.
Entering a demolition derby comes to mind,but it would probably oveheat before the job was done.
Listen to uncle red, he know's what he is talking about.