Thursday, September 15, 2011

Radiator hose broke now i have NO spark?

I have a 1997 misubishi Eclipse RS non turbo... driving home i knoticed the water gauge going up i was maybe 5 miles from home so i figured i would make it home and just change the oil and figure it out another mile gose buy and the dash lights start flickering and the moter dies..... so i through open the hood and the top radiator hose bluw in too !!!! so i got a ride home and went ang got the hose and some water ..well after that jorney i tryed to start it and no good ...pay for a tow($75.00) srpyed every conector with electric cleaner i could find no good checked the ohms and voltage on the coil #2#3 dead buy coil ($89.00) no good check cam position senser ($38.00)no good checked wire harness voltage on these and they check out.... my ohm and volt check came from auto repair book and auto zone trouble shooing IM AT A LOSS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! dont want to change the pcm or ecm
Radiator hose broke now i have NO spark?
Unfortunately you might have to change the electronic distributer. If no spark make sure the battery is top notch and that all your wireing is dry from your starter to the alternator. You might want to change it on principle. Good luck. I'm sure you will get it.
Radiator hose broke now i have NO spark?
I had a similar thing happen to me but after I refilled the rad. everything was fine and my truck started right up.



What happened to me (and maybe you) the computer shut me down before any damage was done.



When you turn on the key, do the same lights on your dash turn on. Like the check engine light and others? That's when the computer is doing it's checks. If no lights come on then you need to either reset the computer or replace it, if it's shot.