Thursday, September 15, 2011

I got a radiator hose leaking ! What happen If I dont change it? I check the water everyday!?

Hurting the environment is about it for now until whatever is leaking becomes a major leak. Make sure you are adding 50/50 coolant/water.
I got a radiator hose leaking ! What happen If I dont change it? I check the water everyday!?
your antifreeze will leak out! duh! and eventually it will become a bigger leak...and try and keep up here... more antifreeze will leak out!
I got a radiator hose leaking ! What happen If I dont change it? I check the water everyday!?
The cooling system operates under pressure, eventually the hose will split,you will be stranded and will still have to buy a new hose. Better to do it now.
An old timer's trick for getting by with a radiator leak was to loosen the radiator cap. That way the system never builds pressure and the leak will be much slower. That will get you by for a few days, but I'd highly recommend changing that hose as soon as you can. You really don't want that hanging over your head every time you head out.



Changing a radiator hose yourself is a bit messy but really isn't hard to do at all. Just be sure to keep any pets away from spilled antifreeze as it is very poisonous.
cars are designed to operate at or above the boiling point of water. this is done by maintaining a sealed coolant system so as to keep air out. when air is exposed to coolant it will evaporate and will suck in air back into the system when it cools off (if the system is not sealed) . a water pump cannot move air. so it is possible not to have sufficient coolant flow. risk of engine damage. think about it 25 dollar hose or 1500 engine replacement. worst case of course but possible.
Trust me you don't want to find out! Just change it!
is it long enough to trim